Most of us have settled into a new normal of remote work at home but that does not mean your travel life should take a pause. Mountain towns are up and running, the weather is cooling down and the aspens are beginning to change. Now is a great time to take an extended trip while still getting your work done remotely and safely distancing from others.
Small towns have adapted to the pandemic by offering delivery services, increased outdoor seating and reducing capacity at popular spots. Hotels are always an option but to really be able to setup a remote office, renting a home would be the best option. Rentalz and Deluxuri are great sources to find the mountain dream home to make yours for the week.
Grocery stores are open but to help keep up with social distancing it is best to have them deliver right to you. These delivery services offer same day or can have them in your home and stocked before you arrive.
When you do need to get away from the “office” for some food try these restaurants with great outdoor seating options.
- Montanya Distillers - Locally brewed Rum and a small tasty menu to pair with it
- Brick Oven Pizzeria and Pub - Head over to The Brick for the largest patio in CB and some delicious pizza
- Pitas in Paradise - Quick, easy and delicious. What more can you ask for?
When the weekend comes, it's time to have some fun. Whether you are alone or with the family, these activities will get you outside while still being able to distance from groups.
- Head over to Wheelies and Waves and rent some SUP’s or rafts for the family. Hike up to Long Lake and float around.
- Fly Fishing - Take a weekend or half day and get out on the river. Dragonfly Anglers is a great choice to book a guided trip.
- Lower Loop Hike - This fairly easy hike outside of town also offers story boards along the way for the kids to read.
- Rent some bikes and take the kids out to Hartman Rocks for some beginner level mountain biking trail.