As spring travelers search for vacation destinations that bring fun, sun, and family time, it is easy to see why Crested Butte is a popular choice! If you haven't yet planned a spring trip to Crested Butte, then it is time to add it to your to-do list! As inspiration, here is our guide to spring in Crested Butte!
Crested Butte Mountain Resort has some of the best ski slopes in the world! The latter half of ski season always brings bluebird days and perfect conditions, making it a great time for snow sports. You’ll adore the soft yet stable snow, short lines, and sunny skies! The slopes stay open until early April, so you can ski and snowboard all spring long! Pack your sunscreen and get ready to have the time of your life!
Other Popular Spring Activities
- Snow tubing is fun for all ages. It is the perfect way to spend a snowy afternoon with the family!
- Snowshoeing is a calm wilderness adventure that allows you to get up close and personal with the spring landscape. Visit the Nordic Center for rentals, lessons, and more!
- If you want to spend some time inside, then you should visit a local art gallery! Crested Butte has a number of fantastic galleries to explore, all with different mediums and focuses!
- Warmer days means more variety in available activities. If it isn’t too cold when you visit, then you should go for a hike! Once the snow begins to melt, hikers will enjoy the approachable, scenic Judd Falls Trail.
- Get out on the water! Early spring is the perfect time to go fly fishing, while later spring is ideal for whitewater rafting!
- Try to spot iconic Colorado animals, which are most visible in the spring! Taylor Canyon is a great place to spot bighorn sheep. Moose can be found in some wetlands, and, of course, bears love the rugged landscape!
Crested Butte Mountain Resort Spring Events
- Ski Town Breakdown: Celebrate spring with terrific tunes and cold drinks! Free live music performances take place 3/12, 3/19, 3/26, and 4/2.
- Al Johnson Memorial Telemark Race: During this energetic, costumed race, competitors climb 660 vertical feet, followed by a 1200 foot descent through the infamous Extreme Terrain. Catch it on 3/19!
- The Grand Traverse: This point-to-point ski race covers 40 miles, from Crested Butte all of the way to Aspen. Racers traverse the Elk Mountain range, climbing over 6800 vertical feet. It will take place 4/2-4/3.
What’s your favorite spring activity in Crested Butte? Tell us in the comments!